We are so afraid. You can see the evidence everywhere: how we treat ourselves; how we consciously and unconsciously control and manipulate each other; how we raise our kids; how we treat employees; how we need lawyers; how we troll on social media, and how the vast majority of snap judgment is biased toward the negative and fearful.
It’s a chronic issue in our society. When a culture can more easily believe in inequity, imbalance, injustice, inequality, and powerlessness, it proliferates an atmosphere of distrust, cynicism, competition, and violence.
Yet fear is not the absence of love. The energies are not mutually exclusive. We’re simply more accustomed to fear, than we are to deep, universal love.
Fear is a means; a gauge; a road sign that to the awake and aware is an opportunity for greater understanding and spiritual expansion. It’s the added weight of emotional attachments, and the internalized meanings we ascribe to fear that clog up our organic mechanism.
We get stuck in our heads, and as we persist towards panic and anxiety, that faculty shuts down. We’re reliant on instinct and our most primitive, childish programming — and if that area is laden with trauma and wounding, we will act and behave as the worst version of ourselves. We will have need for escapism, just to get back into our heads, never mind elevating beyond.
I would wager that most of us exist primarily in our minds, only occasionally dipping into the heart center, thus disregarding our spiritual brain. In fact, much of the intelligence that flows from the energy centers throughout our bodies (when functioning well) is vastly misused.
This can, of course, be rectified.
I think a broader reaching consciousness is emerging, and we can all help move things along toward a universal awakening by doing the work:
- become aware of your unaddressed emotional wounds and unprocessed traumas;
- reduce exposure to fear-mongering media streams (you know, be aware, but don’t soak in it);
- reconnect with your “why” in life;
move your body, move your energy, move your emotions, challenge your notions;
- shake it up!
Guidance and inspiration are ever-present. Look again.
- ascension ~ what are you afraid of? why are you waiting on the world to change for you? how is it anyone’s… 22 March 2018
- Muted Colors ~ One of the most challenging aspects of living in this reality is facing the onslaught of intense… 3 October 2018
- divine timing ~ we can’t force the timing of things. those calculations are beyond mind, and exist in the… 7 August 2016